Apply for this position today!
WNA Engineering is a multi-faceted engineering design firm in which holds pride with our motto:
Partnerships by Design
As we grow, we embrace our roots by embodying the beginnings of our company culture, creating and thriving in a relaxed environment where the team works together to deliver the top priority for our clients – to take their project needs and create a sustainable and energy-efficient solution to its design.
Pittsburgh Business Times has awarded us Best Places to Work four years in a row and Fast 50 five years in a row and we are looking for you to join our team! As our Electrical Designer, you will get to work on a diverse level of projects with a team to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
At WNA, we know that when it comes to a world that’s energy efficient, more connected, and more sustainable, engineering solutions are an important thread linking it all together.
- Serve as Electrical Designer for different sized projects, and take leadership on electrical-related code compliance, design development, and assigned design teams
- Designing commercial and industrial electrical power and lighting projects, preparing technical reports, editing specifications, value engineering and undertaking technical investigation studies, and assisting with power coordination studies.
- Coordinate internally with Electrical Engineering and other design disciplines.
- Prepare documents, evaluate, recommend, and support Electrical Engineers. Participate in the QA/QC process, milestone design review, and inter-discipline cross-checking.
- Review and comment on Contractor RFIs, material submissions, shop drawings, and support project & construction management teams.
- Participate in team meetings and design roundtables to improve internal processes.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 6+ Years of experience in the construction industry.
- Familiarity and experience with electrical and lighting systems for commercial or industrial buildings.
- Proficiency in modifying existing electrical distribution systems, Revit, and AutoCAD. SKM experience is a plus.
- Experience and ability to assist and coordinate with team members, external consultants, and cross-discipline coordination.
- Excellent communication skills in order to understand the Client’s and team’s needs.
Progress your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.