Apply for this position today!
WNA Engineering is a multi-faceted engineering design firm in which holds pride with our motto:
Partnerships by Design
As we grow, we embrace our roots by embodying the beginnings of our company culture, creating and thriving in a relaxed environment where the team works together to deliver the top priority for our clients – to take their project needs and create a sustainable and energy-efficient solution to its design.
Pittsburgh Business Times has awarded us Best Places to Work four years in a row and Fast 50 five years in a row and we are looking for you to join our team! As our Mechanical Designer, you will get to work on a diverse level of projects with a team to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
- Assist in the design of Mechanical Systems on a variety of projects under the supervision of the Project Engineers and Firm Principals.
- Develop accurate designs complying with company standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, prepare, check, and coordinate designs/drawings needed for mechanical systems per applicable standards and codes.
- Prepare mechanical specifications.
- Perform heating/cooling load calculations and building energy modeling.
- Directly interface with clients.
- Attend meetings and conduct field surveys
- Prepare technical reports.
- Coordinate with Code Officials and provide code summaries for projects.
- Collaborate with the entire design team.
- Review and coordinate vendor shop drawings to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Contribute to the overall business development of the company.
- 4+ years’ experience designing mechanical systems.
- Strong knowledge of building, mechanical, and energy codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, team members, contractors, and vendors.
- Efficient and knowledgeable in the use of AutoCAD and Revit 2017 or newer. Prior Revit experience is a plus and a willingness to learn Revit will be required.
- Knowledge of Carrier HAP or equivalent program.
- EIT, LEED Certification, WELL Certification, or Passive House Certification is a plus.
Progress your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.