Apply for this position today!
WNA Engineering is a multi-faceted engineering design firm in which holds pride with our motto:
Partnerships by Design
As we grow, we embrace our roots by embodying the beginnings of our company culture, creating and thriving in a relaxed environment where the team works together to deliver the top priority for our clients – to take their project needs and create a sustainable and energy-efficient solution to its design.
Pittsburgh Business Times has awarded us Best Places to Work four years in a row and Fast 50 five years in a row and we are looking for you to join our team! As our Plumbing Designer, you will get to work on a diverse level of projects with a team to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
- Assist in the design of Plumbing Systems on a variety of projects under the supervision of the Project Engineers and Firm Principals.
- Develop accurate designs complying with company standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, prepare, check, and coordinate designs/drawings needed for plumbing systems per applicable standards and codes.
- Prepare plumbing specifications.
- Directly interface with clients.
- Attend meetings and conduct field surveys.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Coordinate with Code Officials and provide code summaries for projects.
- Collaborate with the entire design team.
- Review and coordinate vendor shop drawings to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience in Fire Protection Design is a plus, but not required.
- Contribute to the overall business development of the company.
- 3+ years of experience designing plumbing systems.
- Experience designing waste and vent, domestic hot and cold water, storm water, gas services for commercial, institutional, and residential buildings.
- Experience working with Water Authorities, Sewer Authorities, and Local Municipalities.
- Strong knowledge of building and energy codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient and knowledgeable in the use of AutoCAD and Revit 2017 or newer.
Progress your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.