Apply for this position today!
WNA Engineering, noticed as one of the Best Places to Work for 3 years in a row by Pittsburgh Business Times, is a multi-faceted engineering design firm. We are proud to follow our motto, Partnerships by Design
As we grow, we embrace our roots by embodying the beginnings of our company culture by creating and thriving in a relaxed and collaborative environment. The WNA Engineering team listens to our clients’ project needs to create and design sustainable and energy-efficient solutions.
We are looking for you to join our team as a Mechanical Designer
- Assist in the design of Mechanical Systems on a variety of projects under the supervision of the Project Engineers and Firm Principals.
- Develop accurate designs complying with company drafting standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, prepare, check, and coordinate designs/drawings needed for mechanical systems per applicable standards and codes.
- Prepare mechanical specifications.
- Perform heating/cooling load calculations and building energy modeling
- Directly interface with clients.
- Attend meetings and conduct field surveys
- Prepare technical reports.
- Coordinate with Code Officials and provide code summaries for projects.
- Collaborate with entire design team.
- Review and coordinate vendor shop drawings to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Contribute to the overall business development of the company.
- 4-6 years’ experience designing mechanical systems.
- Strong knowledge of building, mechanical, and energy codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, team members, contractors, and vendors.
- Efficient and knowledgeable in the use of AutoCAD and Revit 2017 or newer. Prior Revit experience a plus and a willingness to learn Revit will be required.
- Knowledge of Carrier HAP or equivalent program.
- EIT, LEED Certification, WELL Certification or Passive House Certification a plus.
WNA offers competitive salary and benefits, including company paid health, employee paid dental and vision insurances, a 401k program with profit sharing, bonuses, and paid time off.