Mechanical Engineer - PE
Apply for this position today!
WNA Engineering is a multi-faceted engineering design firm in which holds pride with our motto:
Partnerships by Design
As we grow, we embrace our roots by embodying the beginnings of our company culture, creating and thriving in a relaxed environment where the team works together to deliver the top priority for our clients – to take their project needs and create a sustainable and energy-efficient solution to its design.
Pittsburgh Business Times has awarded us Best Places to Work four years in a row and Fast 50 five years in a row and we are looking for you to join our team! As our Mechanical Engineer, you will get to work on a diverse level of projects with a team to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
- Serve as Mechanical Engineer for different-sized projects, and take leadership on mechanical-related code compliance, design development, allocated design budget, and assigned design teams.
- Designing commercial and industrial HVAC systems, preparing technical reports, specifications, value engineering and undertaking technical investigation studies and providing coordination studies.
- Coordinate internally with other design disciplines and manage assigned design teams.
- Prepare documents, evaluate, recommend, and support. Participate in the QA/QC process, milestone design review, and inter-discipline cross-checking.
- Review and comment on Contractor RFIs, material submissions, shop drawings, and support project & construction management teams.
- Participate in team meetings and design roundtables to improve internal processes.
- Provide Professional Engineering Reviews and assume responsibility for the Engineer of Record.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Directly interface with clients.
- Attend meetings and conduct field surveys.
- Perform heating/cooling load calculations and building energy modeling.
- Develop accurate designs complying with company standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, prepare, check, and coordinate designs/drawings needed for mechanical systems per applicable standards and codes.
- Coordinate with Code Officials and provide code summaries for projects.
- Assist in project time budgeting and prepare project cost budgets.
- Contribute to the overall business development of the company.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years’ experience designing mechanical systems.
- Project experience submitted for consideration should include various building types in which you actively participated in the project from design through final construction.
- Strong knowledge of building, mechanical, and energy codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, team members, contractors, and vendors.
- Efficient and knowledgeable in the use of AutoCAD and Revit 2017 or newer. Prior Revit experience is a plus and a willingness to learn Revit will be required.
- BEng or BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) License and willingness to be registered for design submission to multiple states.
- Knowledge of Carrier HAP or equivalent program.
- LEED Certification, WELL Certification, or Passive House Certification is a plus.
Progress your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.