Apply for this position today!
Are you ready to take your engineering or drafting skills into the real world and make a difference in people’s lives?
Working in the A/E/C (Architect/Engineering/Construction) industry means you can have a direct hand in creating functional, safe, and comfortable spaces for the people who live and work in every building you design. Whether this means choosing the proper lighting for the function of the space, ensuring that every design follows code and keeps people safe, or designing an air handling unit that will condition an entire building, an engineer’s designs can have an enormous impact in day-to-day life.
Who are we?
WNA Engineering is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm with experience in the design, construction, commissioning, and operation of various projects of all sizes. We believe in employing innovative approaches to create sustainable, efficient, and renewable designs.
For the past 5 years, we have been voted the top 50 of the fastest-growing firms in Pittsburgh. As a rapidly growing firm, we offer the opportunity to take part in large, exciting projects, while also still being small enough that everyone will learn your name.
WNA has also been voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Pittsburgh Business Times for the past 4 years.
What else do we offer our interns?
- A casual workplace environment.
- Potential future job consideration.
- The ability to receive direct mentorship and take part in real-world projects
- The opportunity to become familiar with hands-on aspects of the job, such as design software, building codes, permitting processes, industry standards, building systems, and field survey.
- Paid internship salary.
- Currently pursuing a degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in Electrical Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- MET & EET degrees are acceptable as well.
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Currently pursuing a degree (Associates) in Computer Aided Drafting.
Preferably, You Have:
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Collaborative team skills and ability to work individually.
- Experience with Microsoft applications.
- Basic training with AutoCAD/Revit.
- This internship is a 12-15 week program, with 40-hour work weeks. (Length of program may be adjusted depending on student/school requirements.).
Apply for this position today!
- Mechanical Designer
- Electrical Designer
- Electrical Engineer
- Plumbing Designer
- 3D Laser Scanning/Survey Technician
- CAD Technician
- 6-12 years’ experience designing electrical systems.
- Project experience submitted for consideration should include various building types of which you actively participated on the project from design through final construction.
- Strong knowledge of electrical and energy codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, team members, contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to manage a project design team.
- Efficient and knowledgeable in the use of AutoCAD and Revit 2017 or newer. Prior Revit experience a plus or a willingness to learn Revit will be required.
- Knowledge of SKM, EasyPower, AGI32 or Visual Analysis a plus.
- PE required.
- Some travel required.
- Ability to work from home as needed or required.
- Design of Electrical Systems on a variety of projects.
- Direct and manage project design and team activities to meet project requirements.
- Develop accurate designs complying with company drafting standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, prepare, check, and coordinate designs/drawings needed for electrical systems per applicable standards and codes.
- Prepare electrical specifications.
- Directly interface with clients.
- Attend meetings and conduct field surveys.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Coordinate with Code Officials and provide code summaries for projects.
- Assist in project time budgeting.
- Prepare project cost budgets.
- Collaborate with entire design team.
- Review and coordinate vendor shop drawings to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Contribute to the overall business development of the company.
WNA is looking to bring on experienced, talented individuals that will bring strength and consistency to our projects. The team is dedicated to bringing our customers quality consulting and design with a more personal touch. To find out more about our careers and positions, contact us below or through our other social media platforms!